2020 United States Census
The US Census will begin April 1, 2020.
The population totals from the census determine the number of seats each state has in the House of representatives. The population totals also affect funding in your community, and data collected in the census help decision makers know how your community is changing.
Census 2020! For the first time, you will be able to respond online, by phone, or by mail. All information is confidential and safe.
How are Census Data Used?
Some examples are:
- Distribution of more than $675 billion annually in federal funds back to tribal, state, and local governments.
- Redistricting of state legislative districts.
- Forecasting future transportation needs for all segments of the population.
- Determining areas eligible for housing assistance and rehabilitation loans.
- Assisting federal, tribal, state, and local governments in planning and implementing programs, services, and emergency response.
- Designing facilities for people with disabilities, the elderly, and children
- DO YOUR PART!!
- FILL OUT YOUR CENSUS FORM!!
- COMPLETE COUNT COMMUNITIES!!